Movement Of Goods (PD06)
Choose your payment method
Cash or Installments for up to 24 months
This paper provides the underlying knowledge for the movement of goods in a national and international context. It addresses the responses of the transport operator to the characteristics of goods and places the latter’s movements in the context of the total logistics concept. Choice of mode, vehicle and route are integral and the external and internal issues relating to modal infrastructures are featured. A further key element is the location of infrastructure, and the operation of interchanges together with their supporting information links.
- Element 1: The Goods to be Moved
- Element 2: Origins, Destinations and Routes
- Element 3: Modes of Transport
- Element 4: Movements
- Element 5: Logistics and the Supply Chain
At program Completion; Participants will be able to:
- Select suitable handling methods for different types of goods.
- Plan loads to match variable patterns of demand and supply.
- Select an appropriate mode or combination of modes for any specific movement of goods.
- Plan and schedule freight transits using appropriate third party providers.
- Apply different strategies to achieve demand supply balance
- Prepare resource plans for the movement of goods.
- Evaluate the impact of supply chain management techniques on freight transport providers.
- Seniors and Executives who are involved in supply chain management.
- All have relations and business impact with logistics processes
- Teams of planning, shipping, logistics , operation and logistics management
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language ENG/AR
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes