Human Resource Safety
Human resource Management has a vital role in ensuring employee health and safety. HR departments do not solely facilitate all components of employee wellbeing. As such, managers should utilize all resources possible to create and maintain health and safety standards for an organization.
In many organizations, health and safety responsibilities are within the human resource department. In order to meet these responsibilities, human resources professionals must:
- Understand the health and safety responsibilities of employers, managers, supervisors and employees within the organization
- Implement personnel management policies to ensure that everyone in the workplace is aware of his/her responsibilities
- Establish effective ways of meeting health and safety responsibilities
- Ensure that employees fulfill their health and safety responsibilities as outlined in the organizational policies and programs.
To further encourage and sustain employee health and safety in the workplace, consider implementing these four practices:
1- Establish Open Communication
Open communication on all health and safety issues observed. No employee should fear expressing concern or bringing light to an issue they believe interferes with the Occupational Safety and Health goals of the company.
2- Implement Strict Safety Policies
Spread awareness by labeling unsafe environments, posting general warning signs and referencing the qualifications needed to enter various regions of a worksite.
3- Coordinate with Facility Management
Also facilities departments play an important part in carrying out safety policies for businesses. By harmonizing OSH goals, HR and facilities managers can better protect employees.
4- Provide Health and Safety Training
Implement required safety training programs for all employees. These programs should include first aid and emergency action plan training.
Boost your knowledge about this topic from HR point of view by asking about our next round of Human Resources Professional Certificate (HRBP) and get certified from HRCI which ranked number one all over the world in the HR field. For more info kindly visit this link: http://bit.ly/1GOEAsZ
- Four HR Strategies to Promote Employee Health and Safety (Article )
- Health and safety guide for Human Resources Professional (Book)